Pareto Law reviews this year’s most desirable Christmas Toys, which have been unveiled by The Toy Retailers Association.
The hallowed list of the top twelve “dream toys” were reviled at a glitzy ceremony at St. Mary’s Chruch in central London. Set to be a major hit this year is anything related to the upcoming Stars Wars release as three products stand in the top twelve.
The intergalactic craze, spurred on by the reintroduction of the Star Wars franchise to Generation Z is set to cash in majorly this Christmas. Speaking to BBC News, Frederique Tutt, toys industry analyst at the NPD Group said: “Its appeal is global; we expect it to be the winning licence of the year. In 2014, Star Wars was the number one licensed product tie-in and that was even without a film release.”
The annual unveiling may be the dream event for any youngster, but the evening is serious business – the attendees are suited, booted and keen to promote their products.
According to the Huffington Post, an average family will spend more than £300 on a child up to age 11 for their Christmas wish list. In 2015 sales are expected rake in £58bn. Getting it right can be the difference between success and failure financially for toy manufacturers – of course for the parents, getting it right is important too.
Dr Amanda Gummer, a child psychologist who specialises in parenting and children’s play, wonders whether it’s the guilt factor: “Working parents may feel that buying lots of presents justifies the time spent working and away from their family, whereas stay at home parents meanwhile may feel the need to compete and not want their children to suffer in comparison to others.
If you’re struggling to buy for a young family member this year, review the list below of the top twelve toys selected by retailers this year:
- City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel from Lego
- Disney Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa from JAKKS Pacific
- IDO3D Deluxe 3D Design Studio from Flair Leisure Products
- Little Live Pets Cleverkeet from Character Options
- Paw Patrol Paw Patroller from Spin Master Toys UK
- Pie Face Game from Hasbro
- Shopkins Food Fair – Scoops Ice Cream Truck from Flair Leisure Products
- Star Wars Bladebuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber from Hasbro
- Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle from Lego
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
- Thunderbirds – Interactive Tracy Island from Vivid Toy Group
- Toot-Toot Friends Busy Sounds Discovery Home from VTech Electronics Europe